How “Complete an order” works25 April, 2022
How can customers earn rewards for Referral Program25 April, 2022
How to set up the referral program
Referral programs can be an effective way to increase customer loyalty and encourage word-of-mouth marketing. Here the instruction for setting up this program in BON.
1. Set up referral reward for customers:
You can set up rewards for both the referrer and the referred friend. There are 2 types of referral rewards, with points or with discount code.
To set up this, go to BON > Point programs > Referral program > Click on the “Setup” button:
Next, click on Edit button to set up the Referral rewards:
Reward with points
To select the reward type, click on the drop-down menu of the Type section:
There are 2 points-rewarding types: Fixed amount of points and Increments of points.
- Fixed amount of points: Customers will be given a specific amount of points after a successful referral.
Ex: You set up the rule that referrer can receive 50 points as a referral reward.
John has 30 points. After a successful referral, John earned 50 points more. His new point balance is 80 points.
- Increments of points: The amount of points that customers get depends on their current total points.
Ex: You set up the rule that referrer can receive 50% increments of points.
John has 100 points. After a successful referral, John earned 50% of his current point amount = 50 points.
His new point balance is 150 points.
Reward with discount code
Select “Coupon” at Reward type to reward your customers with discount code(s).
There are 2 types of Coupon discount:
- Amount discount: For example, a 50$ discount code
Note: The Amount discount type will be synced to your default store currency (in Shopify). In this case, it’s USD.
- Percentage discount: For example, a 50% discount code.
You can select this at the drop-down menu next to the “Customize” section:
You can also choose to activate the Minimum Requirement: The minimum amount customer needs to buy, to be able to apply the discount code.
Ex: John the referrer got a discount coupon and the minimum purchase value for this discount is 10$.
John has to buy at least 10$ to use the discount code.
2. Social sharing for referrers
This feature allows your customers to share their referral links on social media. in Referral program settings, select “Edit” button for social sharing options:
- Click the See more button next to Customize social sharing options for referrers to view and edit the social sharing rules.
- Tick the checkbox in front of each rule to enable it
- Type the content you want customers to share
Note: Facebook does not let third-party apps (like BON) interfere with their content, so you will not be able to prepare the message for Facebook sharing. Customers will do it themselves.
3. Activate the referral program
In order to make your referral program visible to customers and allow them to refer your store, please note that the referral status must be activated: